Thank you! Your submission has been received!

Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form


Welcome to The Health Centre at the University of Sussex

Overseas Students

See our Guidelines for overseas students here >

To register with the Health Centre you must reside within our catchment area  If you do not reside within this area, you cannot be registered with us.

Please note that the map below is a window into another website. You may find, on mobile devices, that you may need to drag the map left to enter details and click.

You must register with a doctor in the area in which you spend the majority of the year. As students, spending a minimum of 30 weeks a year in Brighton you need to register locally. If you need to see a doctor when you are back at home, you can see them as a 'Temporary Resident' - this prevents your medical records transferring from one practice to the other.

If you have any concerns about this, please speak to a member of the reception team who can advise you.

In order to register, you need to complete a form which is available from reception. Alternatively, you can download a copy by clicking on Register below - bring this completed form in to us:

Register Now

For information regarding the transfer of your medical records, please look at this leaflet HERE 

Remember - It can take a minimum of 24 hours for us to process your registration and longer during busy times, such as the start of the University term 

Summary Care Record

IMPORTANT – please read the Summary Care Record document below and decide whether you want to opt in or out. If you are opting out then please complete the opt-out form (below) print off and hand in to reception for it to be processed. 

About the Summary Care Record > 
Summary Care Record Opt-out Form >


If you register with us, your local Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) is:

Brighton and Hove City CCG, 
NHS Brighton & Hove Clinical Commissioning Group,
Hove Town Hall,
Norton Road,

Temporary Registration

If you are ill while away from home or if you are not registered with a doctor but need to see one you can receive emergency treatment from the local GP practice for 14 days. After 14 days you will need to register as a temporary or permanent patient.

You can be registered as a temporary patient for up to three months. This will allow you to be on the local practice list and still remain a patient of your permanent GP. After three months you will have to re-register as a temporary patient or permanently register with that practice.

To register as a temporary patient simply contact the local practice you wish to use. Practices do not have to accept you as a temporary patient although they do have an obligation to offer emergency treatment. You cannot register as a temporary patient at a practice in the town or area where you are already registered.

Download the Temporary Resident Registration Form

Thank you! Your submission has been received!

Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form

Email the SurgeryChange your Contact DetailsFind Local ServicesExceptional Circumstances
Self Help Advice and Tools

Self Help Advice and Tools

NHS 111

NHS 111

111 is the NHS non-emergency number. It’s fast, easy and free. Call 111 and speak to a highly trained adviser, supported by healthcare professionals.

Friends and Family Test

Patient Survey

How likely are you to recommend this Surgery to friends and family if they needed similar care or treatment?  Please spend 2 minutes to take the Friends and Family Test.
Click here to view our results.

NHS Choices

NHS Choices

NHS Choices is the online 'front door' to the NHS.  Get insights into the factors that influence visits to NHS Choices provided by the NHS Choices reporting team.

Patient UK

Patient UK

Patient is one of the most trusted medical resources online, supplying evidence based information on a wide range of medical and health topics to patients and health professionals.

Top of Page